General Character Rules Jan 29, 2016 10:29:34 GMT -5
Post by Omega on Jan 29, 2016 10:29:34 GMT -5
At any time these rules are subject to change, so please make sure to check back every now and then to make sure you're up to date. Announcements will be made if any major alterations occur.
Bon Voyage follows One Piece canon up until the end of the two year Time Skip. Canon events prior to this have taken place and shaped the world, but all events occurring after the point at which the Straw Hats reunite at the Sabaody Archipelago have not happened here on the forum.
Any canon character that was already around still exists, and any canonical Devil Fruits are off limits, regardless of whether or not they were consumed after the Time Skip. This applies for any newly introduced characters that appear in canon if they existed before the Time Skip. Similarly, newly introduced aspects of the series after the time skip may have the potential to influence the mechanics of the site.
In order to begin role playing here on Bon Voyage, members are required to create a character first by filling out our site's Character Template and posting it in the appropriate board with all fields filled out. Members must then wait for staff approval and for their character to be accepted before beginning their adventure. Please refer to the Newbie Guide for a comprehensive guide on how to get started.
All characters must connect with the One Piece Universe and must not have any connections with canon characters, with exceptions allowed based on large scale calamitous events (such as Enel's reign over Skypiea) or your character simply being a fan of a famous name (such as Bartolomeo's admiration of Luffy). We do not want any long lost brothers of Luffy or Ace's ex-girlfriend, etc. Be original and creative. Original characters must be of a unique design.
Role playing in first person is not allowed. Please only use third person when writing your posts, as other perspectives can become confusing to you, your thread partners and anyone else reading the thread.
Any sapient races found in One Piece canon are allowed to be role played. For a deeper explanation of the various playable races and what abilities they have access to, please read our Playable Races.
Certain types of character are subject to specific rulings. These are mentioned in their appropriate entries in the race list, but the following rules also apply:
- Doctor Vegapunk cannot be directly involved in the creation of Robots or Cyborgs.
- Robots cannot consume Devil Fruits.
- Robots cannot be coated with Kairōseki (Sea Stone), though they may have Kairōseki equipment if purchased and approved.
- Robots cannot be exceptionally small or large - the technology for the former is far too advanced, even for One Piece, and the latter would be too powerful/unwieldy.
- Robots cannot be super computers; they should not be able to predict movements that would allow them to 'God Mod', or otherwise give them an unfair advantage over other characters.
- Robots cannot be armed with weaponry that does not fit the world. They may obtain Lasers or other advanced armaments at a later date when purchased.
- Robots cannot learn Haki.
- Fishmen and Merfolk cannot be based on species not found in the real world (with one known exception) and must be based on either a fish or a cephalopod (octopus, etc.). Sea mammals, crustaceans and other aquatic life forms are not viable.